Subject: Re: Open letter to those who believe in a right to free software
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 19:49:28 +0900 (JST)

>>>>> "rms" == Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

    because you have made blanket denials of the applicability of
    economic analysis in the past.

    rms> I think I probably I made some more specific criticism of
    rms> economics in regard to a specific issue, much as I am doing
    rms> now, so that describing it as a "blanket denial" gives people
    rms> the wrong idea of what I said in the past.

That is fair.  It was indeed with respect to specific issues, but it
was similarly "blanket" in the sense that you argued that the most
important values could not be modeled in the context of economics.  I
think they were similar enough that I would be willing to let people
judge the validity of using the word "blanket" from the current context.