Subject: Stallman article on free software on CNN
From: "Michael A. Olson" <mao@sleepycat.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 08:45:48 -0800

Richard wrote an article on free software, largely in response
to Stig Hackvan's 9/99 LinuxWorld piece.  Richard's article is
also published by LinuxWorld, which is an IDG subsidiary, which
is a CNN affiliate (if I have my relationship terminology right).

Richard's article is at

	http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9911/08/freedom.GNU.idg/index.html

It's also linked from the "Technology" section of CNN's main Web
site, at http://www.cnn.com/.

Readers of this list are likely familiar with Richard's position,
and won't find much new in the article.  The link from the CNN
main page is interesting, though; this introduces a large audience,
unfamiliar with the territory, to our discussions on software licensing.

					mike