Subject: Re: ways of funding
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:42:12 +0900 (JST)

    >> Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

    >>> When was the last time in the course of _building an
    >>> application_ that you looked at libc code?  Or built a
    >>> substitute for an unusably buggy libc function?

    Jean> When was the last time you bought your machine from
    Jean> components and put it together yourself?

Depending on the level of components ... Of course I didn't buy, I
disassembled a half-dozen broken machines and reassembled a working
one about 3 months ago.  Your point might be?

    Jean> What!  You think it's a waste of time these days to check
    Jean> specific lower-level components used for years by millions?
    Jean> That there is some cost to attention span!!!  You sir are no
    Jean> economist ;->

Come, come, Jean, you can do better than that.  You know I know better
and accounted for this; you know this is not _my_ mistake.  Try to
figure out what my mistake _really_ is, and then I can fix it.  (I'm
trying, too, but obviously I must overcome a certain bias, first.)