Subject: YA fyi: copyright extensions
From: Jean Camp <Jean_Camp@harvard.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 12:41:20 -0500

As I recall someone on this list noted that one small part of the larger IP
problem is the long life of copyrights. This would be of interest.

-Jean

On October 28, the D.C. District Court issued an opinion in the Eldred v.
Reno case-- granting the government's motion for judgment on the pleadings.
 The opinion is posted on the Copyright's Commons site at
http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/cc/opinion.html

An appeal is already underway as the next step toward overturning the
Copyright Term Extension Act.  Be sure to rack the case as it moves through
the Court of Appeals and (hopefully) to the Supreme Court.  The legal
arguments will continue to be formed on the openlaw site:
http://eon.law.harvard.edu/openlaw

WEBSITE CONTRIBUTIONS

As we continue to improve the Copyright's Commons website, any input
relating to the public domain is appreciated.  Email us at
cc@cyber.law.harvard.edu.