Subject: Re: Open letter to those who believe in a right to free software
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 16:27:02 +0900 (JST)

>>>>> "rms" == Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

    rms> If you develop a model which can take account of such fine
    rms> detail, I think it will show such sensitive dependence on
    rms> initial conditions that drawing specific conclusions from it
    rms> over useful time scales will be harder than weather
    rms> forecasting.

Such detailed modeling and prediction is not my goal, nor any
economist's.  I don't understand how you got the impression that it
was.  Maybe by reading Asimov, certainly not by asking a professional
about it.  I apologize for being unable to imagine you held such a
misconception.

Of course I agree that building such a model is impossible.  But that
model is your creature.  I thought we were talking about the model I'm
working on.  My mistake, I guess.