Subject: Re: Open letter to those who believe in a right to free software
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 13:06:09 +0900 (JST)

>>>>> "rms" == Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

    rms> When you make a statement that appeals to irrational and
    rms> unjust prejudice against me, you must expect me to point that
    rms> out.

The denizens of FSB can be expected to understand that unlike the Pope
of Galileo's time, you are neither able nor willing to suppress me by
force.  Not only is it obvious, but you have made explicit statements
to that effect a number of times.  In this context it's somewhat of an
insult to me for you to imply that I am appealing to irrational and
unjust prejudice by comparing you to the Pope, and clearly an insult
to FSB members to publically worry that they couldn't resist any such
appeal by themselves.

Richard, when you you use words, you want people to accept the meaning
you put into them.  Now, when I use words, evidently you want people
to accept the meaning you put into them.

Since you are assuming responsibility for both ends of the
conversation, I'll let you.  End of thread.