Subject: Free Software == Dumping??
From: nelson@crynwr.com (Russell Nelson)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 95 11:34 EDT

Did anyone see that comparison some lawyer made (as I recall it was on
com-priv@psi.com) between free software (specifically Netscape) and
``dumping'', which is the supposedly evil practice of selling products
below the cost of production, in the hopes of driving your competition
out of business?

While I think that dumping is a stupid thing to legislate against
(tell me again why this hurts society for someone to sell something at
a price ruinous to them??), fact of the matter is that there *are*
laws against it.  Has anyone been threatened with this?

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>    http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | ask4 PGP key