Subject: Re: First Virtual
From: dfickes@advice.com (David Fickes)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 18:31:42 -0700 (PDT)

I don't know about First Virtual but I do recall that AMIX (the
American Information Exchange) was built with this type of consult as
well as document sales in mind. Some of their ideas were good but
the system was, IMHO, rather constricted and did not allow for the
reality of setting up a consulting agreement. I believe that it was
owned by Autodesk at one point but killed due to a lack of revenue
and a refocusing of corporate goals. It was also related to the
now famous Xanadu project which was kicked out of Autodesk at the
same time.

-d

> 	Some time ago, there was a discussion of First Virtual setting
> up a network that would make it easy for customers to buy technical
> support over the Internet, even on a per problem basis from an
> independent consultant.  I was wondering if that system is up and
> running now, if it has evolved, and generally how it's working out.
> Does anybody know?

David Fickes                                    dfickes@advice.com
ADVICE Marketing                                phone: 415/875-9462
201 Amador Avenue                                 fax: 415/875-9463
San Bruno, CA 94066