Subject: Re: Support as insurance
From: kragen@pobox.com (Kragen Sitaker)
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 10:31:50 -0500 (EST)

Russ Nelson wrote:
> What does matter is that the insurer will have to pay out on most
> policies he sells.  [. . . so selling insurance is not a viable model]

Bob Young responded:
> You are arguing points that are based on false assumptions.  Or maybe
> not false, maybe just irrelevant assumptions.

Russ Nelson responded:
> No assumptions here, just experience.  Been there, done that, telling
> fsb about it.

Do you mean you have sold insurance policies -- support-based or
otherwise -- to free software users?  I'm interested in hearing more
about the experiences from which you have drawn your conclusions.

The Internet stock bubble didn't burst on 1999-11-08.  Hurrah!