Subject: Re: New member intro and questions
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 09:31:57 +0100

 Sat, 4 Dec 1999 09:31:57 +0100
On Fri, Dec 03, 1999 at 06:51:50PM -0500, Lynn Winebarger wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:
>
> > Overall, though, I think your idea is a great one.  A lot of research ideas
> > never get to everyone else because researchers don't put them together into
> > usable end-user software.  This is definitely a niche that I see unfilled!
> >
> > Of course, I have no idea how you'd go off starting a business to do it.  :)
> >
>     That's exactly the idea, but expressed much more succinctly.  I'm not
> exactly sure how to start a business with it either, that's one reason

Hi,

 many research centers will let you do exactly that. Some do not
require that you keep your work proprietary if you wish it to be free.
Maybe that is more frequent in Europe, because more research center
there are state funded (Though I am not sure where the amount of state
money is actually greatest). On the other hand, when free results are
produced, it does not really matter where. The Internet is everywhere.

Often there is the requirement that the results be useful for business,
but that does not mean that you have to be in business yourself.

Bernard

--
Bernard.Lang@inria.fr             ,   /\o    \o/    Tel  +33 1 3963 5644
                 CAGED BEHIND WINDOWS or FREE WITH LINUX