Subject: interesting questions
From: Jean Camp <Jean_Camp@harvard.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 11:00:25 -0500

Today's last query...

I would like to know what kind of research questions would inspire the
business people on this list to atttend a conference.

Proposed elements of the CFP:
Models of free software businesses
A comparative analysis of licensing models

anything else?

BKGRND
I am attending the program committee meeting for TPRC, see
http://www.si.umich.edu/~prie/tprc/
for last year.

One problem is that the conference is becoming a disciplinary conference --
all economists doing models.  NOT to discuss the value of that work vs any
other but rather to note that a multi-disciplinary conference is becoming a
bit narrow. There are also many IP lawyers. It is still a good conference.

The goals of next year's conference are to include more people both in
business (SW and conduit) and more technical people. I am also sending this
query to some bellheads.

-Jean