Subject: Re: the value chain
From: Ben_Tilly@trepp.com
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 08:44:09 -0500

Tim O'Reilly wrote:

> What I'd really love is if more companies that figured out a spin on
> open source that gives them a repeatable revenue stream would figure out
> how to acknowledge an ongoing relationship with the source community,
> rather than just taking the opportunity and moving on.

Given today's stock market, I think we have more to fear from having
companies with no real connection trying to claim to be involved.

Like LinuxOne.  Or like eSoft.  (Which first hit my radar when a friend
called me up to ask about them, and how big their Linux presence is.
AFAICT their presence amounts to an investment by Intel and a few press
releases, but their stock is soaring anyways.)

Regards,
Ben