Subject: "Commercial use"
From: mcdermot@pele.cs.unm.edu (John McDermott)
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 93 07:49:54 MST

In addition to this discussion of what constitutes "free", let's look at
"commercial use".  If I get ABC free CAD package and use it to develop
a piece of hardware I sell, is that commercial use?  Or, along a finer line,
if I get ABC free compiler and use it to generate code which I deliver to a
customer as part of a consulting contract (where the code I generat is
"work for hire"), is that commercial or personal?
--john
John McDermott					505/897-2064 H/W
mcdermot@rye.cs.unm.edu		(The facts/opinions above are MINE, MINE, MINE)
[ UNM only lets me use this account because they are nice.  I have no
	relationship with them whatsoever (besides being friends).]