Subject: Re: Here's a-what I'm a-gonna do.
From: "Brian J. Fox" <bfox@datawave.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 00:35:01 -0700

   Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 21:22:40 PDT
   From: Chris Maeda <maeda@parc.xerox.com>

   I don't see how this works.  If Russ charges the same as everyone
   else to sell the hardware then he is giving his labor away.  If he
   charges more, then someone can undercut him.  What if the driver
   get distributed for free and people buy the hardware from the
   bargain basement mail order houses (like they do now for everything
   else)?

I disaggree.  As I stated originally, he is not giving his labor away,
he is adding value to the hardware that he is selling.  This is not
the same thing.  In addition to the added value (which in effect means
that his hardware prices are, in fact, lower), there is the benifit
that Russ mentioned of the free advertising aspect.  I cannot say
enough about this, since almost all of my consulting gigs have come
about based upon my reputation, and the ability to have viewed my
previous work.

Brian