Subject: Re: Here's a-what I'm a-gonna do.
From: nelson@crynwr.com
Date: 11 Jun 1996 11:47:37 -0000

Chris Maeda writes:

 > He is definitely adding value to the hardware.  However, because
 > he is not getting any more revenue than anyone else in the market
 > for the same piece of hardware, he is giving his labor away.  Since
 > his competitors do not have to pay for driver development, they
 > have lower cost structures which they can use to drive price
 > competition or to just sit back and enjoy higher margins from
 > Russ's free labor.

In a perfect free market, that would *definitely* happen.  But there
is always some friction, and I think I can use it to my benefit here.
At least, it seems better than the precedent of writing a non-GPLed
kernel module for Linux.  That would be a BAD precedent to set.

-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>    http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | PGP ok
11 Grant St.      | +1 315 268 1925 voice | It's no mistake to err on
Potsdam, NY 13676 | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | the side of freedom.