Subject: Re: Novel anti-software-patent article
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 13:07:30 +0100

On Fri, Jan 07, 2000 at 03:20:29PM -0500, Lynn Winebarger wrote:
>   I'm not sure how it's pointless.  I'm sure the NSA has some strong
> crypto that it keeps pretty secret.  (Of course, they are one of the few
> institutions that employs enough cryptographers to make this reasonable).

totally different case...

they do not want anyone to use the crypto algorithm. They would not
even dream of getting a patent, taht would necessarily make the
technique public, and thus permit (possibly illegal, but so what ...)
use by others (for their own, not necessarily industrial purposes).

                 CAGED BEHIND WINDOWS or FREE WITH LINUX