Subject: COMMERCIAL: UNIX Sound System for Linux 2.0.0.
From: nelson@crynwr.com
Date: 12 Jun 1996 18:03:39 -0000

Well, I don't have to worry anymore about setting a precedent for proprietary
Linux kernel modules:

> From: front4@ix.netcom.com (Dev Mazumdar )
> Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce
> Date: Tue, 11 Jun 1996 15:02:05 GMT
>
> 	4Front Technologies announces UNIX Sound System for Linux
>
> LOS ANGELES: 4Front Technologies is pleased to announce the
> availability of UNIX Sound System(TM) for Linux 2.0.0.
>
> USS/Linux provides device drivers for a wide variety of sound cards and
> audio hardware for Linux. USS/Linux is a set of dynamically loadable
> kernel modules that allow Linux users to add digital audio and MIDI
> music capabilities to their Linux workstations without having to
> recompile the Linux kernel with the freeware sound drivers (USS/Lite).
> Additionally, USS/Linux is FULLY supported as a commercial Linux
> product.

-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>    http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software   | Crynwr Software sells packet driver support | PGP ok
11 Grant St.      | +1 315 268 1925 voice | It's no mistake to err on
Potsdam, NY 13676 | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | the side of freedom.