Subject: New encryption regulations
From: Ben_Tilly@trepp.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:15:16 -0500

 Thu, 13 Jan 2000 09:15:16 -0500

Take a look

http://www.cdt.org/crypto/admin/000110cryptoregs.shtml

Skip down to the words "open source".

"3. Also in 740.13, to, in part, take into account the "open source"
approach to software development, unrestricted encryption source code not
subject to an express agreement for the payment of a licensing fee or
royalty for commercial production or sale of any product developed using
the source code can, without review, be released from "EI" controls and
exported and reexported under License Exception TSU. Intellectual property
protection (e.g., copyright, patent, or trademark) would not, by itself, be
construed as an express agreement for the payment of a licensing fee or
royalty for commercial production or sale of any product developed using
the source code. To qualify, exporters must notify BXA of the Internet
location (e.g., URL or Internet address) or provide a copy of the source
code by the time of export. These notifications are only required for the
initial export; there are no notification requirements for end-users
subsequently using the source code. Notification can be made by e-mail to
crypt@bxa.doc.gov. "

Looks good to me! :-)  Am I missing anything?

Cheers,
Ben