Subject: Re: SSLeay -- US status WRT RSA?
From: Ben_Tilly@trepp.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 17:36:07 -0500

Ben Laurie wrote:
> kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> >
> > What's the current status of deploying SSLeay in the US given the
> > upcoming RSA patent expiration (Sept. 20, 2000).  Anyone?
>
> Isn't that rather obvious? Not sure what you're asking here.

Well, can you pay them some modest license for the next few months?  Is it
like gays in the (US) military, "Don't ask, don't tell"?  Are you in
trouble if you hand out (like I presume Karsten wants to) documentation to
people in the US explaining how to set up your Apache server for SSL with
the installation instructions for your software?

I mean the theoretical status is pretty clear - but how does it work on the
ground?

Cheers,
Ben

PS I am interested in the answers as well - albeit for a different reason.