Subject: Re: Open Source and Government agencies
From: Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 22:22:16 -0800

At 1:54 AM +0000 2/27/00, Crispin Cowan wrote:
>Rich Morin wrote:
>
>>  Of course, once the PD version has been published, there is nothing to
>>  keep folks from hanging either GPL or proprietary labels on copies of
>>  it, then modifying it and distributing it as they please.
>
>This sounds more like a solution than a problem to me.

To be sure.  But then, I've never been all that bothered by the fact
that proprietary versions of BSD are out there, as long as I can have
my copy of FreeBSD.  The thing that really sets my teeth on edge,
however, is the removal of SW from the free community...

-r
--
Rich Morin:          rdm@cfcl.com, +1 650-873-7841, http://www.ptf.com/~rdm
Prime Time Freeware: info@ptf.com, +1 408-433-9662, http://www.ptf.com