Subject: NY Times on patents
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 22:51:03 +0100

Patently Absurd, James Gleick, The New York Times Magazine, March 12, 2000. -

http://www.nytimes.com/library/magazine/home/20000312mag-patents.html

The title is not original ("copyright infringement" ? :-)

but the paper is very good

Each morning, as Commissioner Dickinson arrives at his Crystal City
office, he walks past a framed poster bearing the motto "Our Patent
Mission: To Help Our Customers Get Patents." It's virtually forgotten
that government's customers also include the rest of the nation, the
citizenry at large, whose fortunes depend on the agency's judgments
and policies

                 CAGED BEHIND WINDOWS or FREE WITH LINUX