Subject: New contact information
From: shapj@us.ibm.com
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 10:22:24 -0500

Friends:

By now you have heard, or will shortly here through the grapevine, that I
have resigned from IBM effective 24 March. As I'm not working on anything
critical, my actual departure may be sooner.

Regrettably, after 15 months IBM is not yet moving forward on the work I
have proposed. In the interim, several other companies have gotten started
around it, and it is time to help them flourish. Also, I have long wanted
to teach. I will therefore be spending the next several months consulting,
and expect to move to academia in August.

As IBM disconnects email on departure, I am writing to provide you with new
contact information.

Beginning immediately, I can be reached as:

     Jonathan S. Shapiro
     210 Seven Bridges Road
     Mt. Kisco, NY  10549
     (914) 666 8672
     shap@eros-os.org

IBM remains a wonderful place doing good work. The bottom line, from my
perspective, is that I asked them to innovate disruptively on one axis too
many. There is some talk of collaboration after I reach academia, and I
remain hopeful that IBM will decide to engage in the secure open source
operating system space.

I look forward to continuing to work with all of you over the years to
come.

Regards,

Jonathan S. Shapiro, Ph. D.
Research Staff Member