Subject: Re: CERT complaints about freely available software
From: nelson@crynwr.com
Date: 29 Jul 1996 12:36:06 -0000

L. Peter Deutsch writes:
 > I  agree that CERT's posting is biased in failing to treat paid support for
 > commercial software and paid support for free software on an equal footing.

Well, but, for the sake of truth, they're NOT equal.  The paid support
for commercial software is very often bundled with the price of the
software.  If you're going to treat your support as an insurance
scheme, then you get a bigger pool that way, and you can price your
insurance lower, so more people will buy it.  If, instead, you have to
charge a fee for actual services rendered, then at very least, the
support seems more expensive.

-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>    http://www.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr Software sells packet driver support     | PGP ok
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | Corporations persuade;
Potsdam, NY 13676       | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | governments coerce.