Subject: Re: street performer protocol
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 17:37:32 +0900 (JST)

    Brian> I don't see how "used-car salesman" is the most profitable
    Brian> reputation.

Then build yourself a different one.  Ian will have his, Russ will
have his, and

	 the market will decide who retires first with most.

And that's what I like about the market.  Ian don't have to do it
Brian's way, nor vice-versa.  If you're right about the customers'
wants, you won't have any trouble selling them a contract that
guarantees they won't get "taken" as you seem to think they do.  Just
go do it, publish your year-ends, and when we all "ooh" and "ahh",
just modestly credit to your "honest Brian" policies for the success
of your IPO.

That's an argument that can't fail to convince.