Subject: Re: street performer protocol
From: "Jonathan S. Shapiro" <shap@eros-os.org>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 15:10:58 -0400

> > Now reverse the situation:  if capital for Linux startups dries up and
blows
> > away, who will survive?  The companies with the biggest revenue streams.
>
> Wow, that answer took me by surprise! ... The size of your revenue stream
> only matters when you compare it to your expenses.

I agree with the point, but it's not always correct.

If you can construct a reliable float on your revenue stream of 30 to 90
days, you can actually lose quite a lot of money on operations and still do
just fine. This is how insurance companies make money.

The point, I suppose, is that big revenue streams are worth some respect.

shap