Subject: Re: Linux & DLLs
From: adam@yggdrasil.com (Adam J. Richter)
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 19:50:34 -0700 (PDT)

I wrote:

>I tried a search for
>"dynamically loadable library" against the manual pages with this system.
>Both the third and fourth edition CD's turned up a large number of hits,
>including the manual pages for dlopen, dlclose, dlerror, and so on.
>In the third edition, the first of these was listed #6 on the hit list,
>and in the fourth edition, the first was #80.

I hasten to add that I was somewhat disappointed with the fourth
edition putting dlopen, dlerror, etc. so low on the hit list.
I will have to think about what could or should be done to improve
this situation.  A lot of this appeared to be due to all of the documents
that talked about dynamically loadable kernel modules, which have
become much more prevalent in Linux these days.

Adam J. Richter				  Yggdrasil Computing, Incorporated
(408) 261-6630				  "Free Software For The Rest of Us."