Subject: http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/Meta.html
From: Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:03:05 -0700

I have written up a few thousand highly speculative words on

   "Integrating package management and documentation"

If you are interested in looking it over, please do so.  Direct
any responses to me, however, rather than to mailing lists, etc.

I am not sure where this will end up or whether anyone will want
to pick up on it.  For now, however, I merely want to know if my
presentation is clear and my ideas reasonable and/or interesting.

-r

P.S.  Here's an excerpt:

   Bob Young, of Red Hat, compares binary software distributions to
   cars that have the "hood welded shut". Access to source code "opens
   the hood", but it is far from a complete solution. Without
   comprehensive documentation, it can lead to wasted effort,
   frustration, and error.
--
Rich Morin:          rdm@cfcl.com, +1 650-873-7841, http://www.ptf.com/~rdm
Prime Time Freeware: info@ptf.com, +1 408-433-9662, http://www.ptf.com