Subject: draft paper on Meta
From: Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 01:11:02 -0700

[This note is being sent to a small set of individuals and to a
  couple of lists (e.g., fsb) that I believe to be appropriate. -r]

I have made a number of changes to my draft paper

   "Integrating package management and documentation"
   http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/Meta.html

If you are interested in looking it over, please do so.  Direct
any responses to me, however, rather than to mailing lists, etc.

-r

P.S.  Here's an excerpt:

   Bob Young, of Red Hat, compares binary software distributions to
   cars that have the "hood welded shut". Access to source code "opens
   the hood", but it is far from a complete solution. Without
   comprehensive documentation, it can lead to wasted effort,
   frustration, and error.
--
Rich Morin:          rdm@cfcl.com, +1 650-873-7841, http://www.ptf.com/~rdm
Prime Time Freeware: info@ptf.com, +1 408-433-9662, http://www.ptf.com