Subject: Which War?
From: dfickes@advice.com (David Fickes)
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 20:08:48 -0700 (PDT)

Just to clarify a few things... Yes I am calling the kettle black with
my "know it all" suggestions. I've just spent the last 10 years putting
up with engineers saying how it should be ... and how marketing was
to blame for everything not being the perfect nirvana they promise.

For references for those interested in marketing issues:

 = Reseller Management Magazine - a monthly magazine that simply and
     clearly caters to the VAR (solution oriented) channel.

 = Crossing the Chasm, Geoffrey A. Moore / Harper Collins. A little
     dated but it does hold a short interesting discussion of customer
     culture, the channel and how companies like Sun managed to out
     market Apollo and later HP.

 -d

 ps: hey Adam (Mr. Richter)...Mr.Fickes? gee I you make me feel so old... :)

David Fickes                                       david@advice.com
ADVICE Marketing                                phone: 415/321-2198
366 Cambridge Avenue                              fax: 415/321-2199
Palo Alto, CA 94306