Subject: Meta status report and proposed fsb topic
From: Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 12:48:19 -0700

Thanks to all to took the time to look over my draft paper on Meta:

   "Integrating package management and documentation"
   http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/Meta

Special thanks, of course, to those who sent me comments!  The paper
is shaping up well, now covering most of the key issues.  OTOH, it's
getting a bit large, so I'll eventually want to break it up into a
set of smaller pieces (probably a set of web pages).

I have registered a BOF at the O'Reilly Perl conference in Monterey.
(Wednesday, 7/19 at 9 pm; Steinbeck Room).  I will be giving a short
presentation, then asking for comments and discussion.  If you find
these notions interesting, please try to attend!

As a matter of practicality, I have been trying to figure out what
kind of organizational structure (and economic model) will be needed
to "make it happen".  I'd like to have the group's thoughts on these
matters; see my follow-on posting, "funding indirect services", for
a starting point.

-r
--
Rich Morin:          rdm@cfcl.com, +1 650-873-7841, http://www.ptf.com/~rdm