Subject: Re: funding indirect services (tangent)
From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 14:52:16 +0900 (JST)

>>>>> "Brian" == Brian Behlendorf <brian@collab.net> writes:

    Brian> a lot of this seems like flamebait,

It's not intended as flamebait; it's intended as an extreme statement
that I hope will elicit well-targeted criticism.

    Brian> or I am appallingly bad as a communicator and you got my
    Brian> points 180 degrees in the wrong direction, or you're in
    Brian> violent agreement with me but think that means I'm wrong,
    Brian> or something.

More likely those statements apply to me.  Remember, I've been doing
economics, not free software, for the last twenty-five years.  I
believe that my viewpoint is valuable here on FSB precisely because
it's rotated 90 degrees from the conventional wisdom in the OSS devel
community, but that also means communication is not going to be easy.