Subject: Re: GNU/Linux taxed in Poland ?! (fwd)
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 19:19:48 +0100

I find this extremely offensive, and I hope there is an international
court where we can sue the Polish government for Libel.

  Comparing free software with MS is insulting and intolerable.
  Free software is infinitely more valuable than anything MS has to
offer, and the Polish company should be taxed for all its worth.

  And since we are discussing such issues, I think we should:

  - request that all Polish users of the "free" internet explorer be
taxed, on the basis of the latest commercial price of Netscape
navigator, or any other commercial navigator.
  - modify the GPL so that GPLed software can be distributed in Poland
only for an extravagant price.
  - ask Poland to pay for all the free science it unduly gets from
other countries, and which is used by its companies.
  - suggest to the Polish government to forbid civil servants from
drinking vodka during office hours.

BTW  do you have some e-mail addresses ....

... and none of this was meant to be offensive to the Polish people,
only to their officials.

Cordialement

  Bernard Lang

PS
 BTW one major difficulty when sending second hand computers for free
to Africa is that they try to tax them at the border.