Subject: Re: Meaning of "combined work"?
From: kmself@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 14:25:24 -0800
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 14:25:24 -0800
on Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 01:44:34PM -0500, Jonathan S. Shapiro (shap@eros-os.org) wrote:
> Karsten:
>
> Thanks alot for the pointer to the object broker issue. I'll look for the
> discussions you cited. If you chance to be able to relocate them quickly,
> please do send me a link.

Found it, though the link appears dead, might try digging through NewsForge:

    http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=3D00/11/01/1636202

    Sneak preview of GPL v. 3: The business-friendly version
    Thursday November 02, 01:02 PM EST    [ Advocacy ]=20
    By Eric Ries

    [...]

    A more major change would be a requirement to release modified
    source code for anyone who sets up a Web site providing access to a
    modified version of a program covered by the GPL.  Currently it is
    all too easy to circumvent the GPL by means of the so-called "ASP
    loophole."

    [...]

Cheers.

["application/pgp-signature" not shown]