Subject: semi-blatant-self-promo
From: Brian Behlendorf <brian@collab.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 23:54:38 -0800 (PST)

Feel free to flame me if this feels spammy, but I think it's pretty cool,
and relevant to attempting to build a free software business.  A customer
of ours, Dresdner Bank, will be releasing a collection of Java server-side
software they've been developing and using for a couple of years now
around large-scale systems integration projects - similar to the space
occupied by IBM's MQSeries and other "enterprise" applications that people
normally assume aren't yet ready for open source software.  In addition to
the release, they're hoping to build some community around the code,
comprised of other companies tackling these kinds of problems.  To that
end, for anyone interested, there are two events at LinuxWorld in NY next
week where you can check it out and meet them.

1. Launch Event Party, Tuesday, Jan 30, 6:30-10pm
 Location:  Twirl, 208 W 23rd Street between 7 & 8th Aves.
 RSVP:  Required/Guest list at door, register at
  http://announce.openadaptor.org/ or through Mike Kochanik,
  mike@collab.net.  More of a meet-and-greet kind of thing.

2. Birds of a Feather, Thursday, Feb 1, 6-7:30pm
 Location: Javits Convention Center, Room 1E11
 RSVP:  Suggested, not required
 About:  This is a pure engineering session.  Designers will be
  on hand to speak and discuss the technology issues.  Formal
  presentation will be made.  Attendees of this event can get
  in depth technical understanding of the Openadaptor technology.

Enjoy.

	Brian