Subject: Re: GNU and classified software
From: jean_camp@harvard.edu
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:42:11 -0500

I believe that non-discrimination of distribution is a requirement under
the GPL, as with OS software. You cannot simultaneously practice
non-discrimination and require that a recipient has the military-given
right to view secret/top secret/sensitive documents.

I believe that non-discrimination is a central feature to OS and FS.
(One I am, btw, not terribly fond of since it prohibits limits for
safety-critical systems. Being able to prohibit use of software for
safety-critical systems seems damn reasonable to me.)

I also believe that I will certainly be corrected if I am wrong ....

-Jean