Subject: BSD-Style
From: Adam Theo <adamtheo@theoretic.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:44:17 -0400

hello, all. i just read RMS's essay on the BSD license and it's
"obnoxious advertising" clause. i have decided to use a BSD-Style
license for a couple of my projects (an Email-to-Jabber Gateway, for
one, but still not the alarm clock program i was talking about before,
i'm still trying to decide for that one).

i recognize there could be confusion between the 'old-style' (with the
clause) and the 'new-style' (without the clause, changed in 1999) when
a author describes his work's license as 'BSD-Style'.

i have done so, before reading RMS's take on the BSD license. i still
want to use the new BSD-style license, but would like everyone's take
on what i should refer to it as, to avoid the confusion.

thanks.

--
   /\    --- Adam Theo ---
  //\\   Theoretic Solutions (www.Theoretic.com)