Subject: Re: Is the party over? was Re: MSIE "Smart Tags" -- what's the
From: Zimran Ahmed <zimran@creativegood.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 01 23:35:31 -0400

>I'm sorry if I seemed overly antagonistic. But lately I find myself
>realizing that my joy that free software had stemmed the
>tide of the great monopolist is to be short lived.

I had exactly the same sort of day today. I was going over Stallman's
four software freedoms, and freedom zero (you have the freedom to use
software as you wish), a freedom that was labeled zero because it seemed
so basic and absolute, is being taken from us.

maybe this time microsoft has gone a step too far and will make owning
and using proprietary software so onerous people will change to other
types of software.

zimran