Subject: Re: Is the party over? was Re: MSIE "Smart Tags" -- what's the real deal?
From: Norbert Bollow <nb@thinkcoach.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 14:55:29 +0200

Thomas Hudson <thudson@tomy.net> wrote:

> Gobe Productive is a superior product to MS Office. It runs on Windows
> and Linux.
> And just as the IDE I worked on for Cygnus, none of you will ever see
> it.

Tomy,
  don't give up yet.  Gobe Productive and the work which you
have put into it isn't dead yet.  There may still be ways to use
it as the basis for a successful business venture.  Perhaps even
a way (which makes sense from a business perspective) to turn it
into Free Software.  In fact this situation might be the ideal
opportunity for convincing the owners of the codebase to make
such a decision.

Even though _legally_ you probably have no rights to Gobe
Productive, _morally_ you have some kind of shared ownership,
because you have put your heart into it.  You should be able to
have some influence on what happens with it.  I would encourage
you to use this opportunity.

While I also do some IT work, my main business is coaching.  I
work with self-employed professionals and small to medium size
businesses on dealing with challenges and on making good use of
the available opportunities.  (This is very similar to how
athletes and sports teams also have coaches).  I am willing to
donate some of my coaching time pro-bono to work with Gobe
Software on co-creating a business model and vision for Gobe
Productive that will work out even without further VC funding.
Contact me off-list if you're interested in this offer.

Greetings, Norbert.

Tel +41 1 972 20 59     Fax +41 1 972 20 69      nb@freedevelopers.net