Subject: Re: Q: Can you build an authentication system on OS?
From: Simon Cozens <simon@netthink.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 18:28:33 +0100

On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 07:55:24AM -0700, Glen Starchman wrote:
> In my opinion, the authentication and software subscription parts
> are kind of ho-hum... but I think the CLR and IL kick ass. It would
> be very nice if they existed on some Unix variant

Some of us are putting a lot of work into making Perl 6 a CLR/IL, and
are making pretty steady progress with making Perl 5 into a common
runtime too. Myself and Leon Brocard have both demonstrated running
Ruby code on a Perl interpreter, and the paper I'll be giving at this
year's Perl Conference talks more about this.

--
"A word to the wise: a credentials dicksize war is usually a bad idea on the
net."