Subject: Re: LGPL... variations on a theme
From: Dave Turner <novalis@novalis.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 11:04:29 -0400

Bernard Lang wrote:
> Thanks for this help.  I did not know of the libgcc exception license
> (which surprises me, considering the time I spent reading on these
> issues).
>    Is it much used ?

The disadvantage of the libgcc exception is that you can't include GPL
or LGPL code in a library licensed that way.  In other words, it's not
GPL-compatible.  This may not be a problem for your application, but
it's a factor worth considering.

--
-[Dave Turner                              Stalk me:  (215)-545-2859]
"I would say our forefathers would have been ashamed, but they were