Subject: Re: ...authentication system on OS? (the pipes)
From: Adam Theo <adamtheo@theoretic.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 18:40:21 -0400

Hello, Adam Theo here;

on the difference between .net and passport/hailstorm: if i am not
mistaken, mr ahmed is slightly incorrect. i could very well be wrong,
but from what i know, .net *uses* authentication, but is not the
authentication model itself. that is passport, mostly. is it possible
for .net to use a different authentication system than passport? i'm not
sure, but i think it is *technically* possible, if not likely to be
done. so, the centralized server farm system that we are and should be
so worried about is passport, not .net. please tell me if i am wrong.

on the 'piping' as mr kanga put it: i agree with him. to me, i don't
care about the pipes, the .net framework. actually, i kind of like .net.
it still needs a lot of work (which hopefully Ximian can help), but the
basic idea i like. it is how the data will be used (and accessed, and
security issues, and all that) that i don't like. in effect, i like
.NET, but despise Passport.

--          Adam Theo >> "Fairness Above All!"
     /\  Theoretic Solutions (www.Theoretic.com):
    //\\   'Activism, Software, and Internet Services'
   //  \\  Personal Homepage (www.Theoretic.com/adamtheo/):
  //----\\   Email & Jabber:                    Other:
//--||--\\  -Professional: theo@theoretic.com  -AIM: AdamTheo2000