Subject: Re: Current events and free software
From: Ben_Tilly@trepp.com
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 13:45:23 -0400

Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org> wrote:
> begin Ben_Tilly@trepp.com quotation of Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 12:43:09PM
-0400:

> > However given that we are experiencing a rather large public failure
> > of Microsoft software, I am hopeful that people may be willing to pay
> > attention to a different answer.
>
> The media is burying the fact that this is Microsoft-specific at
> the end of the stories.  As far as most coverage is concerned,
> this is just an "Internet virus".

So write your local paper and tell them that this is not an Internet
virus, this is a Microsoft virus.  Tell them specifically that they are
negligent for not letting people know up front that they can
significantly reduce their personal risk by not having unpatched
software, IIS, Microsoft Outlook, IE 5, or a Microsoft operating system.
(I have arranged the options in descending order of benefit.)

If they don't hear from us, they won't change their reporting...

Cheers,
Ben