Subject: Patently absurd? yet another
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 19:22:12 +0200

Patently absurd?
The Economist, Jun 21st 2001.

http://www.economist.com/science/tq/displayStory.cfm?Story_ID=662374
http://www.economist.com/science/tq/PrinterFriendly.cfm?Story_ID=662374

excerpt:
  Joshua Lerner, economist at Harvard Business School: "one
of the big lessons that comes out of the economic literature on
patents is that `one size fits all' doesn't make sense."  ... the
patenting authorities need to find a greater variety of tools for
protecting intellectual property than they have at present.

As you all know, The Economist is a radical left magazine, bordering
on revolutionary.

                 CAGED BEHIND WINDOWS or FREE WITH LINUX