Subject: Re: "I've got more programmers than you"
From: Don Marti <dmarti@zgp.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 13:44:57 -0700

begin David Fetter quotation of Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 01:11:52PM -0700:

> You're not doing anything that Oracle is built for, and, like the
> people who produce MySQL, you're being quite dishonest about what
> MySQL can and cannot do.  MySQL is a fragile--I have a lot of
> experience with this--and non-scalable--plenty with this,
> too--SQL-like front-end to flat files.  It is in no respect an RDBMS.

"...the worse-is-better software first will gain acceptance, second
will condition its users to expect less, and third will be improved
to a point that is almost the right thing."

http://www.jwz.org/doc/worse-is-better.html

--
Don Marti      What do we want?  Free Dmitry!  When do we want it?  Now!
http://zgp.org/~dmarti                      Free Dmitry: http://eff.org/