Subject: Re: Studies
From: Bernard Lang <Bernard.Lang@inria.fr>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 00:15:31 +0100 (MET)

Having the source code available for inspection is exactly the model
used by Troll for Qt. I would never use their software (unlike KDE)
because it is not allowed to modify it. So if they cease to maintain
the free version, all their free users are stuck.
   It does run against many of the mecanisms that make free software
a good strategic solution. One reason for choosing free software in
a corporate environment is to stay independent of providers for
strategic technologies.

Cordialement

   Bernard

  Bernard.Lang@inria.fr             ,_  /\o    \o/     Tel  +33 (1) 3963 5644