Subject: Re: shooting holes in the sky
From: "Brian J. Fox" <bfox@ua.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 04:47:23 -0700

   Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 01:29:13 -0700
   From: David Fetter <david@fetter.org>

   On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 04:26:34AM -0700, Tom Lord wrote:

   > > The rest of the world finds it easy to pay $10/month for web site
   > > membership only in the case of pr0n and other (hoped-for) sexual
   > > gratifications

   > Usually more than $10/month, as far as I can tell.

   > Which is interesting considering how much is available for free.

   > Must be a lesson in there somewhere for FSBs.

   Exactly!  I wasn't joking about funding FS with pr0n and/or similar.

I hope that's not the lesson Tom was talking about -- rather, that
people are willing to pay for something that is free.

Unfortunately, we already have proof that people are willing to pay
for something that is available for free.  They buy for-pay operating
systems instead of free ones.

Brian
--
== The Difference Between Cultures: ==