Subject: Re: shooting holes in the sky
From: Steve Mallett <steve@opensourcedirectory.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2001 15:10:59 -0300

Replying to my own post.  That's a new one.

As the below msg left my mailer I realized that while both statements are
true they contradict each other.  If it's on the interent they want it for
free.  If it's on a store shelf they want the more expensive one.

> > Unfortunately, we already have proof that people are willing to pay
> > for something that is available for free.  They buy for-pay operating
> > systems instead of free ones.

Despite the reality of the above and below statement they don't (in enough
numbers) pay for K5, or google, etc etc...

--
Steve Mallett | Stable, Open-Source Apps
http://OpenSourceDirectory.org | steve@opensourcedirectory.com

Project-Listing Maintenance In A Can: http://trovesendtwo.sf.net

webmaster@opensource.org  (Aug 15th/01,
I have nothing to do with license approval.)

http://Open5ource.net |  What's happening in Open-Source?

"Non-cooperation with evil is as much a duty as cooperation with good."
        -- Mohandas Gandhi