Subject: Re: Mandatory donations or build from CVS...
From: Seth Gordon <sethg@ropine.com>
Date: 14 Oct 2001 00:50:38 -0000

   > Some people who provide "content" over the Internet need to
   > *seriously* get over the idea that the world owes them a living.

   Then maybe some users need to *seriously* get over the idea that
   the Internet owes them content :)

When Salon started moving its more interesting stuff to its "Salon
Premium" pages, I asked myself: "Is access to the content of Salon
worth the cost of subscribing?"  About five seconds later, I answered:
"No."  Salon doesn't owe me anything, and I don't owe them anything.

--
"The conventional wisdom has it that when a program intended for multiple
users is to be written, specifications should be designed in advance....