Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: ransom
From: Simon Cozens <simon@netthink.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 09:14:55 +0100

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 02:07:25AM -0500, Lynn Winebarger wrote:
>     On the other hand, isn't expecting an individual to spend his
> precious time on software without expecting a nickel pretty obnoxious?

*Expecting* it is. Some of us, however, still do this out of choice.

We are not the starving artists in a garret, dying for our art, people,
and let's not pretend that we are. We're writing the code because we
need it for ourselves, because we want to, or, quite simply, for fun.

Free software wouldn't even *exist* if people refused to code unless
they thought they'd get paid for it.

--
"Dogs believe they are human.  Cats believe they are God."