Subject: Re: crux of the essence
From: Simon Cozens <simon@netthink.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 23:10:41 +0100

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 04:23:32PM -0700, Tom Lord wrote:
>        Do you consider it a fundamental bug in capitalism that almost
>        everybody who paints paintings, or does any other type of fine
>        art, gets paid next to nothing?
>
> Yes.

Maybe I've got something wrong with my view of capitalism, but if this
were such a bug, how come people still paint paintings and do other
types of fine art?

For what it's worth, I'm doing a keynote on the links between open
source and art at this year's UK BSD conference.

--
"Life sucks, but it's better than the alternative."
-- Peter da Silva